The ancient oriental remedy is one of the oldest in the world dating back to nearly 2,500 years back. It is complex and sometimes difficult to understand for people of the Western countries, but nevertheless it remains quite effective. In Chinese medicine, the body and the mind are viewed as one which is intricately connected. The organs are also considered interlinked and working in coordination to keep the body functioning normally. Acupuncture is widely used in this treatment method and one that is fast gaining popularity as an effective technique to reduce physical ailments.
Knowing about pins and needles
Sticking sterilized, non-toxic, one-time-use-only needles, a number of conditions ranging from skin disorders to nausea or vomiting, back pain, tennis elbow, infertility, labor, menopause and many more conditions are being treated regularly by specialized people across the world. The reason for the widespread use of Chinese medicine acupuncture is obviously the lack of side-effects in comparison to Western medicine. Unsafe needles and improper piercing techniques are possibly the only ways of this treatment turning foul.
The concept behind piercing needles for treatment
Acupuncture is developed and practiced depending on certain concepts:
- The body is a minute version of the universe where harmony can be achieved by balancing the yin and yang. It is believed that the body can be kept in perfect condition.
- The body is made of five elements namely- earth, fire, wood, metal and water, which symbolically represent the different stages of human life and how it changes with disease.
- A vital energy, known as Qi, is present in the body and is responsible for maintaining good health.
In Chinese medicine acupuncture, specific points on the body are stimulated using a number of techniques. The skin is usually penetrated with the help of thin needles and then manipulated using electrical stimulation or the hand. The traditional technique includes inserting the needle, moxibustion, and cupping. The human body apparently has 300 points that connect to the different meridians of the body through which the vital energy of the body or Chi runs. Piercing needles in the right places can help to restore the flow of energy properly and thereby make the patient healthy.
Why should you try it?
This Chinese medicine is a huge boon if you want to improve your health from your head to toe.
- Head: Reduce migraines significantly.
- Nose: If you are suffering from allergies, then it can be helpful for you.
- Mood: Cut off depression with the production of more endomorphins.
- Throat: Acid reflux and heartburn can be reduced with the help of this treatment.
- Immune system: If the needles are well-placed they can reduce improve the immune system.
- Menopause: Reduce the frequency and intensity of the hot flashes.